Email – use a sensible heading so I know you’re not spam!
Note well – Unsolicited emails spruiking inclusion in ‘art books’, pay to display exhibition ‘opportunities’, software or web help are most unwelcome. You explicitly do NOT have permission to add me to your mailing list just because you’ve found this address.
fi at wherefishsing.com
Phone – this is a mobile/cell#. Leave a message if I don’t answer. I return calls to real people –
+61 434 957 718
ABN – WhereFishSing 65 673 572 433
My work is licenced under Creative Commons. Why? Read this post.
What does this mean? Most importantly it DOES NOT mean you are free to do as you like with my work or that I am easygoing about the unauthorised use of my copyright. You have been warned. If in doubt, ask me. My contact details are above.
For any commercial use, authority must be agreed in writing beforehand.
What this particular licence (Creative Commons
Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 4.0 International License) authorizes you to do is as follows:
- Share – to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- Remix – to adapt the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution – You must attribute the work to ‘Fiona Morgan of
WhereFishSing.com’ and provide a live link back to https://www.wherefishsing.com in any digital distribution media that you are using for the work
- Noncommercial – You may NOT use this work for commercial purposes
- Share Alike – If you alter, transform, or build upon this work, you may distribute the resulting work only under the same or similar license to this one
A common misconception with art is the belief that if you buy the painting you are also buying the copyright as well. This is not so. It is akin to buying a CD and assuming you may now use the contained music any way you wish.
I retain copyright of all my artworks and this is detailed on the sale receipt. That is, owning the physical artwork DOES NOT transfer copyright of the image of the artwork in question. Use of the image if you own the physical artwork is still covered by the terms of the (Creative Commons
Attribution-Noncommercial-Share Alike 4.0 International License) detailed above.
Terms & Conditions
First things first, all spammers are evil and should be strung up by their sensitive bits.
I use MailChimp to manage my email newsletter because they are a reputable business that sticks to compliance of the CAN-SPAM Act 2003. This means I can only have your email on my newsletter list with your explicit permission and there is an instant unsubscribe link provided at the bottom of every newsletter email automagically.
By subscribing you acknowledge that your information will be transferred to MailChimp for processing. Learn more about MailChimp’s privacy practices.
Other personal and sensitive information that is collected is used strictly for providing the services associated with the item you have purchased.
I don’t share your personal information with anyone except if I’m forced to in order to comply with the law, or protect my rights. In other words, over my dead body. You’re welcome.
Purchases, Refunds, Returns and Cancellations
When you make a purchase from WhereFishSing, including a donation or Patreon support, you will be automatically added to the email newsletter if you have not already subscribed.
No refund or exchange for change of mind. Artwork sales are non-refundable except in the case where the work arrives damaged or is lost by the postal service.
All artworks are sent with tracking and insurance.
Return and refund for damaged item/s lasts 10 days. If 10 days have gone by since your purchase arrived, and you have not written to inform us of a problem within those ten days, unfortunately we can’t offer you a refund or exchange.
To complete your return, we require a receipt or proof of purchase and may require you to post back any damaged items or provide photographic evidence. Please email for instructions for return shipping.
Once your returned damaged item is received and inspected, we will send you an email to notify you that we have received your returned item. We will also notify you of the approval or rejection of your refund. If you are approved, then your refund will be processed.
Bookings are non-refundable but may be transferable for extended illness or on compassionate grounds. There is a 6 month expiry for any transferable booking to be used. You may use a transferred booking yourself or arrange to give it to someone else.
Agreement to use of image, voice, biographical material and other information. By attending WhereFishSing events or submitting images:
- WhereFishSing may record my image, voice, biographical material or other information about me on photographs, or any other media for audio and visual only reproduction (‘the Reproduction’).
- WhereFishSing may use photographic, video, or digital images in which I appear, or in which my voice, biographical material or other information concerning me is used, in publications (including but not limited to brochures, booklets, videotapes, reports, press releases, websites, and exhibits) (‘the Publication’) for the purposes of education, information, promotion, public relations and fund-raising connected with WhereFishSing.
- The Publication and/or Reproduction will be edited at WhereFishSing’s sole discretion; WhereFishSing may incorporate any part of the recording of me in the Publication/Reproduction.
- I will not retain any rights, including copyright, or interest in the Publication/Recording.
- I will receive no payment for the use or recording of my image, voice, biographical material or other information by WhereFishSing.
I release and indemnify WhereFishSing from any loss, damage, cost, expense, or claim arising out of the use of my image, voice, biographical material or other information about me, including action for defamation, libelous material, breach of privacy, or copyright.
Agreement to Terms
By purchasing from WhereFishSing, you acknowledge and agree with the Terms and Conditions, and agree that your information can be processed in accordance with these conditions.
Please note that these Terms and Conditions may change from time to time and all updates will be posted on this page. If you are uncertain about any policy or term described, email first to put your mind at ease.